Thailand and travel tips

Hi Guys!
So remember how I told you yesterday that I would write when I had something to write about? Well I found something: Thailand. Well, traveling tips I guess. I went to Thailand in January of 2017. I am home schooled, so it was no problem taking weeks off of school to go. 
Tip #1: If you are going on a long trip or a trip over seas, take a few days off from school or work to make sure you have time to pack.
We went on a VERY VERY long couple of plane rides. First, from our airport to San Francisco was about 3 hours. Then San Fran to an airport in China that I can't spell the name of was 13 HOURS. The easiest and shortest part of that flight was from that airport in China that I can't spell the name of to Chang Mai Thailand. That was 2 hours.
Tip #2: Bring a backpack full of stuff to do on the plane if your a kid like me and can't fall asleep on one. Usually international plane flights have movie screen too, if you don't want to have a very heavy backpack.
Obviously when we got to Thailand, my parents we super excited. They had been there twice before, so you can see why. I was also super excited, but at the time I could not really think of anything else except that I was sooooooooo tired. when we got in the hotel van, mom and dad told me to look for people on scooters with like, five people on them. I tried, but I was really too tired to care.
Tip #3: If you get to where you are going in the middle of the afternoon, DO NOT fall asleep in the hotel. You will have a very hard time waking up.
Of course, when we got to the hotel I could barely stand. We (mom, dad, me, and one other friend) decided to go up to our rooms (which were on the 7th floor) and rest.
And I fell asleep.



Top: the view out our window. Second: the room I shared with a friend of ours. Third: the cool bathroom. Fourth: This is the light switch, its  activated by putting the key card in the little slot at the  bottom, which also turns the AC on.
You guys, everything in Thailand is so cheap, you can bring $100 and get thousands of bahts (Thai money) when you exchange it. I got a lot of stuff.
Tip #4: If you are going overseas, try to know who you want to buy souvenirs for. It helps if you don't have millions of dollars to spend. Also, have money set aside for food and attractions.
One of the places I went in Thailand was the Night Safari. It is so cool, because you go at night, and you can go around a loop, with LOTS of animals, some you would see here in America, some that are super exotic that are not in your local zoo.
Like an albino walaby!
I also went to this AMAZING resturant that was basically and artificial jungle, with waterfalls and a LAKE and plants galore. I think there was a koi pond too. But my ultimate favorite place was going to see the elephants!




Top:The place we were at-so beautiful!
Second: me, feeding an elephant.
Third: I got up on her!
Bottom: me standing on an elephant in the river. And yes, They do do business in the river. if you know what I mean.
Tip#5: Go see the elephants. It is AMAZING. yeah, I know I'm a little biast because they are my favorite animal, but even people who don't go to ride them will have a cool experience.
Also, here is another tip I forgot to mention when I mentioned packing:
Tip#6: When packing, try rolling your clothes into bundles instead of folding them. It saves a lot of space for other things.
That trip was so amazing. I did so many cool things there, including the Night Market.
The night market is what draws a lot of people to Chang Mai, and it has lots of cool stuff to see, like soap flowers, these super awesome pants and shirts, paintings, food, LOTS of stuff. I think those are the most important tips, I will list them all again.
Tip #1: If you are going on a long trip or a trip over seas, take a few days off from school or work to make sure you have time to pack.
Tip #2: Bring a backpack full of stuff to do on the plane if your a kid like me and can't fall asleep on one. Usually international plane flights have movie screen too, if you don't want to have a very heavy backpack.
Tip #3: If you get to where you are going in the middle of the afternoon, DO NOT fall asleep in the hotel. You will have a very hard time waking up.
Tip #4: If you are going overseas, try to know who you want to buy souvenirs for. It helps if you don't have millions of dollars to spend. Also, have money set aside for food and attractions.
Tip#5: Go see the elephants. It is AMAZING. yeah, I know I'm a little biased because they are my favorite animal, but even people who don't go to ride them will have a cool experience.
Tip#6: When packing, try rolling your clothes into bundles instead of folding them. It saves a lot of space for other things.
That's all,

  Stay Magical everyone!











Comments

  1. this is very well written and very entertaining .. I didn't know some of this so it was fun to read !! .. Sandy and I have run into the key card light thing also ! ... and I have a question .. how did you come up with Elecorn ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great. I have heard of your trip before, but I never got the FULL story. It was so amazing! Maybe I'll go to Thailand one day. You can be my tour guide. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, this is not the FULL story, just some of it. And Elecorn: Unicorn + elephant. Unicorn cause it goes with the theme and elephant because, well you know. favorite animal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. maddy, I would be a TERRIBLE tour guide, because I hardly left the Hotel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts