Makeup Tips (For Beginners)


                                                                                                                              12/14/18
                                                                                                                              8:48 a.m.
Hi guys! Sorry, I haven't posted for a month, but Chapter 5 of the Mountain Prophecy will be out soon! FINAL UPDATE: WE ARE GOING TO THAILAND AGAIN!  And I am SO SO excited to go back in January! 

Now, onto Makeup.
So, I was talking to my friend (she owns  A Penguin's Life, go check it out! https://apenguinssimplelife.blogspot.com/ ) about makeup, because she had just practiced doing her theater makeup (she's in a play) and while she had done that, she had taken pictures of her doing all the steps. I thought it was clever. I am not going to do a FULL FULL face of makeup, I'm just going to show you what I do if I'm getting ready for church or going to an event or something.

First off, The brand I use is called "elf". You can find it at most store like Target or Walmart. It's cheap, and it looks nice. I only use eye makeup, because that is what I was given for my birthday. I do not use foundation yet, but it's perfectly fine if you do. (I just don't know how to use it.) 

First things first: eye shadow. I use a nude color palate, and it had lots of different shades of beige. 

To put this on, I start with the lightest color, all over my eyelids. (The palate used to have a clear sheet of plastic over it telling you where to put everything, but I threw that away. Oops.) Don't worry if you don't have an eye shadow brush, I just use q-tips.
Then I put the second darkest color on the crease of my eyelids. I guess you could put on the third lightest color all over, but this is what I do. Then, (I think you get the idea.) third lightest color.
That's how I do eye shadow.


Second: mascara. I have learned that in my few months of having makeup that if you have LIQUID eyeliner, put on mascara first. I have liquid. MANY TIMES I have put eyeliner on first, and if I did not wait for it to dry, I would get these weird lines that the mascara brush left, from accidentally brushing the WET eyeliner. So, my point being: mascara before liquid eyeliner. 
A good rule of thumb I learned personally from the makeup supervisor at Tony Award winning Children's Theatre Company: Always start on the opposite side of your writing hand. For me, that means the left side. If you are left handed, start on the right side. I know it sounds weird, but I just tried it today, and it makes your eyes look a LOT nicer, and uniform.
When I put my mascara on, I usually start with the bottom lashes, then the top. Mascara pretty much speaks for itself.



Finally: eyeliner. When I do this, I usually start a little above the inside corner of my eye, and work my way over. Sometimes, I mess up a little, and it looks completely different than my other eye and I have to start all over. It can be infuriating, so I would try the opposite thing I mentioned.


That's all for now, I hope these tips help you a little!
 Stay Magical Everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts