Beautiful Defiance- The First Letters

Handwriting, Sütterlin, Vintage, Antique, Font





The 5th of April, 1400
1285 Smithee Street 
Kilkenny City, Leinster 


To His Royal Majesty James Butler-

My son and I are here on official business for our traveling blacksmith business.
Every two months or so, we will pack up our wagons and load our ponies, and make our way to another city in Leinster. I’m sure we’ve made it through half of the province by now.
But you don’t need me rambling on about that.
We have been told that you are looking to outfit your son, the Crown Prince Shay de Butler, in the most fashionable and functional armor that you could procure.
I would ask you you please consider us for these two reasons:
My son and I have traveled most of this province and have been able to obtain many different materials and resources. We would be able to create a new suit of armor for The Crown Prince that has never been seen before.
Since we are a traveling company, we would be able to provide you this service, and then leave. We would not be in this city for much longer than it would take to create whatever it is you needed.
I appreciate your consideration.
Signed,

Colm Byrne

Written by Eoin Byrne







15, April, 1400
Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny City, Leinster

Dear Colm Byrne,
I would like to offer you a job as The Crown Prince Shay’s, personal blacksmith. That means you will outfit him in every essential thing he needs for the next two months. I assume that is how long you would normally stay in any given city?
Of course, because I am the King, I can employ you for longer if I have the need.
Be sure you show me your best work. I will not tolerate poor or sloppy work.
Signed,
King James Butler, the Fourth Earl of Ormond





  
The 24th of April, 1400
1258 Smithee Street
Kilkenny City, Kilkenny, Leinster 


To His Majesty The King-
I am officially accepting your offer. Thank you very much for this business.
I will be bringing my son, Eoin, with me to work.
Signed,
Colm Byrne


Written by Eoin Byrne



Comments

Popular Posts