Beautiful Defiance- The Third Installment

Letter, Handwriting, Written, Ink, Write, Caligraphy

18, May, 1400
Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny City, Leinster
Dear Eoin,
I was very disappointed that I did not see you at my brother’s birthday. I was so hoping you would make it. 
My brother was extremely happy with his arrows, I’m glad to say. He didn’t suspect a thing. I’m sure now you are thinking that we don’t need to keep writing to each other. I think the opposite. Especially since you will hopefully be helping me with this next project for the hospital.
Unless of course, you are too busy helping your father outfit my brother.
Oh, I hadn’t even thought of that. I guess we will have to save that project for another time you are in Kilkenny City.
You are right that I didn’t tell you why I contacted you. Part of it was curiosity. Another was the fact that I don’t have a relationship with my father. You do. The only reason my father and I interact with each other is for political purposes. You and your father talk daily. My father and I make contact once a month at least. 
And I… Well I’m not quite sure how I feel about telling this to you. I don’t really have anyone to talk to here in the castle. I have told you that. But that was the main reason I decided to write to you.
Please don’t stop writing me letters for this reason. I have loved writing to you. I haven’t written to a real friend since my best friend died two years ago. She was the only person other than Fionn who I could really talk to. 
And now you.
Signed in friendship,
Princess Blaine de Butler





                                                                                                                                                       

 28 May, 1400
1258 Smithee Street
Kilkenny City, Leinster
Blaine,
Can I even address you as just Blaine
I am so sorry about your friend. I am glad I have been a help in your grieving process. Of course I will not pity you. You are a princess and princesses don’t need pity.
I was thinking that we should still write letters while I am in the city, at least. I am not sure how long Crown Prince Shay will need our services.
But for now, we will keep this up. As much as it might surprise you, I have been enjoying this too.
Anticipating your next letter,
Eoin




















2, June, 1400
Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny City, Leinster
Eoin,
I cannot express how ecstatic I am about your response! I was really hoping I wouldn't ruin our letter-writing friendship with that news. I never wanted to overwhelm you.
May I ask you a question? How do you cope with grief?
Confused and Conflicted,
Blaine
P.S. I’m pretty sure we are on a first-name basis now. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts