Beautiful Defiance- The Fourth Installment

  Letter, Handwriting, Written, Ink, Write, Caligraphy

      7, June, 1400
1258 Smithee Street
Kilkenny City, Leinster
Dear Blaine,
I agree that we are on a first name basis. Perhaps someday we will even have nicknames for each other? 
I have been thinking, Princess, about what happens when I must leave. It’s already been a month since my father and I arrived here, and I am not sure how much longer we will need to be here to outfit your brother. Unless you make a request that we outfit some of your father’s soldiers, too. I’m not sure if I would be able to convince my father to stay here unless the king continued to employ him.
And I have also been thinking about our brief snatches of time together,and how refreshing those are for me. I also never have anyone to talk to. Sure, I make friends with some of the other people my age in the cities we visit, but those are merely acquaintances. I have never had a friendship. 
Which got me thinking, why have we never really made it a priority to see each other? I know I have told you about being a blacksmith's son, and how being seen with the company of the Princess of Kilkenny is most certainly scandalous. But I have found myself seeking different companies. And there are lots of people here at the castle. 
So let us arrange a ‘meeting’ per-say. Let us arrange a time to see each other, and talk about things other than business. Is there a suitable place we could meet in private?
Please let me know.
Signed in friendship,
Eoin














9 June, 1400
Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny, Leinster
Eoin,
I want to plan a meeting! Or is it a ‘get-together’? I would have to work out some details, such as what would be my excuse for leaving castle grounds in the middle of the day? Things like that. I think I could do it, but I would need a few days so it doesn’t seem suspicious. How about in a week or two? June 20th? That’s 11 days from now, it should be enough time. 
Now, as to where we will meet. I was thinking about the stream outside of castle grounds? Or we could go down to St George’s Channel? If you were able to get down there? I’m assuming you have a horse or a donkey?
I will bring us lunch. Be there at 3 o’clock.
With Excitement,
Blaine ♡

P.s. I hope I can be good company to you.
P.p.s. Don’t answer this letter. I don’t want it to fall into the hands of my brother, Shay. He will tell my father, who will forbid me from leaving.
















12, June, 1400
Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny City, Leinster
Dear Eoin
I am anxiously awaiting our meeting. You have not written back to me, which I take as a good sign. Please don’t until after. 
I can’t wait to see you,
Blaine
(Princess)

Comments

Popular Posts