The Mountain Prophecy: Chapter 2


   The next day, as I was packing up my cave, I realized how almost sad it was that I would be leaving the home I had lived in for 9 years. I was very excited of course but it was still a pretty sad morning.  I had decided to leave the next morning, and split the trip into two days, leaving Cooper enough time to get back to his village before I came. He had told me that if I went all in one day, it would take me 6 hours. Cooper had left yesterday. I would be leaving the next morning, very early. If I could pack up fast enough.
    Later that night, I was laying in bed, thinking. Why had Cooper given me the map, after he told me I couldn't come? What would this so called "trouble" be if he brought me with him? As these questions rolled through my head, I knew I was not going to fall asleep quickly that night.
                                                         මමමමමමමමමම
"Yessssss... he will do nicely... bring him to me... I need to have strength...."
"Master, I do not know where to find him. It all looks the same."
"FIND HIM!"
"Master, I will need your help! I am not so extraordinarily gifted as you are at tracking!"
"Go and get me my spell scroll, Servahcah. I will read to you a spell of scent."
"Yes master, thank you mast-"
"DO NOT FAIL on this. I must have fresh meat. I MUST. Know this Servahcah: If you do not find this boy before the spring equinox, Our plan will fail."
"Master, I thought you-"
"FIND HIM SERVAHCAH, or go to HADES!"
"Yes master. He has already been given a map to a village, I watched though that man's eyes. I will intercept him there."
"Good. Now I must rest. Servahcah, go and find me Levahna. She makes a most powerful sleeping drought. I must be well rested for our plan to come together, and you must find the boy. Learn his name. Use it against him. Names have power, you know."
"Yes Master." The man ran off down a corridor to find the lady Levahna. The other man, the one who was called master, turned in his chair, and looked the boy straight in the eyes.
He seemed to be able to sense that some spirit was there. 
"Boy, watch your back. We are coming, and we will not be merciless."
                                                               
                                                      මමමමමමමමමම
  "AAA!" I screamed, and sat up. What was that? I didn't know I could see people in my dreams. I wonder if that was really just a dream, or if it was a vision?
I slowly got out of bed, and went to my fireplace to cook breakfast. I grabbed my fresh rabbit meat- that was about the only thing I could hunt these days- and some of the berries I had gathered three days ago. The berries were not fresh, but they would make a good sauce. A few minuets later, my food was gone, and I was almost all packed up. The last things I needed were my bedding and my map.
   I left as soon as the sun was up, because I wanted to get a good start, and maybe walk 4 hours. I knew I could walk for 3 hours, but I was too excited to to think straight. That weird dream I had, had even slipped my mind. I was being foolish, reader, to think that I would  make it to the village without even a scratch.
     I whistled as I walked, to pass the time. I whistled a tune about my home, and about seeing my family one last time. It was a sad sort of tune, so I started singing a silly song about five little merabears jumping on the bed. I know, dear reader, that song is a silly 5 year old's song, but It cheered me up a little to know that these merabears only had to worry about jumping on the bed. I smiled, and recalled a song that Cooper had taught me.

                                            O mountain near
                                            Call me to your side
                                            That I may revel in your beauty
                                            Singing songs of your glorious sight!
               
                                            Mountain near, O mountain near,

                                            How far you really are
                                            When I am so close to your abundant life
                                            I feel so small, you are so big!

                                            My mountain near
                                             I love you so
                                            As you shelter me from storm
                                            And unwelcome forces are no match for you!

                                            Mountaineer,
                                            Be careful near my mountain
                                            She is like a mother merabear
                                            Fiercely protecting her children!

                                             Thank you, my mountain
                                             For all that you do
                                             Shelter, warmth, and food
                                             Thank you, thank you

                                             I love my mountain home!


I finish the song, and I think how very true those verses sound. They are also in a very silly perspective.  
     When I think, I have a tendency to not pay attention to my surroundings. Suddenly, there was a girl, standing in front of me! She had on a lot of furs, and she was very tall and sleek looking,with severely white hair only past her ears. I blanched. 
    "Who are you?" I asked.
    "My name is Tempest. Who are you?" She replied. 
    " I don't know. I lived in a cave." I told her.
    "Wait, you don't have a name? and you lived, as in formerly in a cave? Why don't you live there anymore?"
     "Well, I'm headed to a village east of here." She looked down into my hands.
      "You don't need a map then silly! you just need to follow the sun! Don't you know that? or have you been living alone for years?"
       "As a matter of fact, I have." I said indignantly "My village was destroyed when I was 5 winters."
       "Oh, I'm sorry. But all you really need to know is when the sun comes up walk toward it. It should bring you right to that village."
       " Thanks Tempest. I'll remember that now."
       "And one other thing," she replied, and I detected a hint of urgency in her tone. "Don't tell anyone you saw me. "
       "Why?" I asked, confused. Who was this girl?
       "Because I asked you to. I've got to go." She told me, mysteriously.
       I watched her run off, and sighed. Facing the sun? Alright. Lets do this. I thought, and promptly fell over asleep.                                                                             

Comments

  1. Servahcah: say it SIRV-AH-C-AH. Servahcah. and Levahna: LEE-V-AH-NAH Levahna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does it have to be so suspenseful??? Why do you do this to me????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... only because I wuv it : )
    No, I'm just kidding. I just thought it was a good stopping point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author part of me congratulates you, the bookworm wants more. :)

      Delete
  4. When is the next chapter coming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel sad about the rabbit that she ate. I love that the girl's name was Tempest! We are playing a song in band class called Tempest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Gracie, what do you play? And Maddy, I am working on Chapter 3 right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts